If you’re experiencing job search insanity, maybe you need a few reminders, such as:
- A job search is a marathon, not a sprint.
- People are naturally drawn to energetic, positive and outgoing people. Are you one?
- Your unraveling doesn’t go unnoticed, no matter how well you believe you’re hiding it.
- The job search stress you’re feeling affects not only your mental health, but your physical health.
So, why is a job search so stressful? Here are some thoughts:
- What worked before, isn’t working now.
- At every turn, a job search challenges your confidence about yourself.
- If you’ve lost your job and are looking full-time, you have been thrown out of your ‘normal’ routine.
- Most people are not prepared to market themselves in a way that works.
In a future blog post we’ll take a look at some strategies you can use to help you regain your job search sanity and reduce your job search stress.
In the meantime, if you’ve lost your positive outlook, are starting to unravel, are feeling stressed, can’t manage your time or need help marketing yourself, let’s have a conversation.