So when I got this rolodex card with our order, it made me wonder:
- Does this company really think I'm going to keep the rolodex card for the next time I need them?
- Is this how they believe their customers keep their contacts?
(Note: I purposely am not showing the contact details on the card - but, I do want to give them props: the card is a really bright fluorescent green which does not come through properly in the picture).
So, my point is: in order for YOUR job search marketing to be effective, you need to be using the right tools. Are you:
- looking for jobs in the newspaper?
- posting your resume on generic job boards?
- not properly using social and professional networks/networking?
- still using your tired, old resume?
- still wearing your 'interview outfit' from the 20th century?
In order for your job search to be successful, your tools need to be current.
Stop expecting a rolodex card to do the heavy lifting that new and improved tools could do for you much better.