While my lazy self speaks to me in one ear, I’m also feeling the anticipation of what’s to come: vacations coming to a close, this season ending, school starting and the renewed focus the fall brings. Much of the anticipation for me is about cooler weather when I naturally feel more energized.
There is a natural rhythm that starts around September. For many people it becomes a time to “get going”. But if that’s what “everybody else” will be doing in a few weeks, what if you got an early start on shaking off the dog days?
There’s so much you can get accomplished in the next few weeks that can give you a jump on your goals. So how about it?
- How about making that phone call to someone you’ve been trying to connect to all summer and ask them to coffee or lunch?
- What research have you wanted to do but haven’t yet started?
- Have you been thinking of some resume changes you still need to incorporate?
- How about documenting those additional stories so you can relay them in an interview?
- Been considering taking some training/professional development?
A successful job search is often the result of doing something different from what everybody else is doing. So let’s shake off the ‘dog days’ together – let’s enjoy the sandals weather while we can AND put one foot in front of the other to take some much needed action!